At extreme kites we only use fully qualified and the most professsional instructors at best locations,to make your introduction into this sport as safe as possible.It is a common misconception that this sport is difficult to learn.With the right tuition it is well within the grasp of a complete novice to be flying a decent sized power kite in around 2 hours.
After this you can choose to go into kite boarding, kite buggying or kite surfing!
Discover the control and power of the kite through 2 levels. Start at level 1 on a foil or trainer kite flown on bars, and find out about safety systems and wind directions.
Level 1 (Bars or Handles):
- Set-up . rigging and ground handling skills
- Pre-flight checks of equipment.
- Safety checks of kite and equipment before flying.
- Personal and safety equipment required for power kiting . including emergency equipment for specific locations.
- Launching and landing, with an assistant or independently.
- Use of kite leash and safety systems.
- Piloting in the wind window and power zone. Understanding key areas and safety.
- Simulate change of direction using a top turn.
- Untwisting lines while kite is flying.
- Landing the kite alone.
- Safety pack down
Level 1 E
- Walk across the wind with the kite to simulate traction.
HAVE FUN, STAY SAFE, ENJOY !